Monday 4 March 2013

What Do You Want...

Have you ever asked yourself if your client/intermediary knows why you're there?

We often form an agenda for a meeting, whether formally written or just thought through. Fewer of us will table it for the client, fewer still will put their true intent on the agenda.

Ask yourself does my client/prospect/intermediary know my 'real' agenda?

Also, ask yourself a more difficult question, what is my clients agenda?

If the answers to these aren't aligned - where is the meeting going to go?....this is why stating your agenda is important.

If you want a clients business, a referral etc - ask your client. Selling isn't about deception and obscure techniques. We often dance around the simple question 'I would love to work with your business, what do I need to do to achieve this?' (or similar) rather than just ask it outright....




No comments:

Post a Comment